Having made some progress on the train set its time to put up some new pics. I have replaced the mess of switches at the control yard with a pair of Kato Unitrack double crossovers. I had to replace the 12v controller, so I went with the Kato speed control that hooks up to the switch controls for the double crossovers.
At one point I also suffered a total failure of my little switcher engine so the obvious choice was the dirt cheap Bachmann GP50 wearing a Union Pacific dress.
I am particularly proud of the arch supported bridge. That arch is made from 3 strips of 1/16th balsa bent around the rim of a 5 gallon bucket and glued. The concrete (grey 2x4’s) foundations will eventually be surrounded by the scenery